As one of the leading banking Chambers in England, most recently recognised in the 2008 Chambers Bar Awards as ‘Banking & Finance Set of the Year’, Fountain Court combines the forensic banking law skills for which it is renowned with a comprehensive understanding of financial structures and present market events, developed through its involvement in legal analysis of the ‘credit crunch’ from the start, in order to provide clear, focused and commercially-orientated advice for its clients.
Members of Fountain Court:
- have a thorough and deep knowledge of the financial markets, including the complex financial products at the heart of the ‘credit crunch’, and the applicable regulatory framework
- have advised on the fall-out of recent market events such as the Lehman Bros insolvency, the AIG rescue and the crisis in Icelandic banking
- have recognised expertise in dealing with a wide range of issues concerning derivatives, CDOs, SIVs and Asset Backed Securities
- have extensive experience of acting in ground-breaking securitisation litigation, and of handling disputes arising from the impact of the present market conditions on trades, asset values and investment management
- have an established reputation in the field of professional negligence arising from banking related litigation, which is also relevant in current market conditions.
Our new Head of Chambers, and Chairman of the Bar Council, Timothy Dutton QC, is experienced in regulatory work relating to financial markets, as well as the professions. He said “Many clients of Fountain Court Chambers will be experiencing the commercial and regulatory effects of the turbulence in financial markets, and the knock on effect in the financial and professional services sectors. There is a depth of expertise within Chambers ready to assist in these areas, and to help solve what can be complex problems arising out of recent events”
Due to the rapidly unfolding nature of events, legal advice is often required at short notice. Members of Fountain Court are willing and able to undertake instructions on an urgent basis and provide a rapid turn-around, providing advice by telephone or in conference as and when required.
Mark Watson, Senior Clerk, on +44 (0)20 7842 3704 (or out of hours +44 (0)78 6780 3335) email@example.com
Vince Plant, Deputy Senior Clerk on +44 (0)20 7842 3707 (or out of hours +44 (0)777 613 7080) firstname.lastname@example.org