Fountain Court Barristers Act for 5 Parties in Bank Overdraft Charges Litigation
Judgment has just been delivered by Mr. Justice Andrew Smith in the much-publicised Bank Overdraft Charges Litigation between the Office of Fair Trading and several of the largest UK retail banks and one building society. In line with its status in the banking field, Fountain Court’s involvement in these proceedings was unparalleled, with no fewer than 10 members instructed as follows:
- OFT: Brian Doctor QC and Richard Coleman.
- Barclays: Andrew Mitchell and Simon Atrill (instructed by Colin Passmore, Simmons & Simmons).
- HBOS: Timothy Howe QC and James McClelland (instructed by Marc Florent, Allen & Overy).
- HSBC: Patrick Goodall (instructed by Simon Orton, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer).
- Lloyds TSB: Bankim Thanki QC, Richard Handyside and James Duffy (instructed by Jon Holland/Andrea Monks, Lovells).