- Alex TaylorSenior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Katie SzewczykJoint Deputy Senior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sian HuckettJoint Deputy Senior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Richard EvansTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reiss NottTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Alfie HarperTeam Leader+ 44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luke DiebeliusTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Chloe GibbsTeam Leader's Assistant+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgina GillsTeam Leader's Assistant+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Declan GrayTeam Leader's Assistant+ 44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jake HubbardTeam Leader's Assistant+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Sam IsmailTeam Leader's Assistant+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jordan GlendonJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Katie PalmerJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Max WrightJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Tabitha RewJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- George RobertsJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Stuart Morris-KnoxJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fountain Court Clerks’ Room is recognised as one of the finest and most responsive at the Bar. Our experienced clerking team is led by our distinguished Senior Clerk, Alex Taylor, assisted by his Deputy Senior Clerks Katie Szewczyk and Sian Huckett alongside Team Leaders Richard Evans, Reiss Nott and Alfie Harper. They are each responsible for a specific team of barristers and are each supported by Team Leader Assistants.
The team system is designed to ensure that each of the clerks has a good knowledge of the practices of the barristers they clerk. The system helps to foster strong working relationships between each of the clerking teams and their respective barristers and clients.
Clients of Fountain Court can always be confident of receiving the highest standards of care. Our clerks are very approachable and aim at all times to deliver a highly efficient service. We have consistently been singled out for our client care by the legal press and directories year on year and are proud of the fact that we have won the Chambers & Partners Client Service Set of the Year award. This year we were winners of the Halsbury Legal Award for the Best Business Development Team. Many of the testimonials from our clients (a selection of which appear on our home page, under Alex Taylor’s profile and below) speak to the stellar reputation of our Clerks’ Room.
We are widely recognised for our responsiveness: this is exemplified by the ability to contact at least one of our senior clerks outside our usual business hours (see the contact tab for details). We appreciate the urgency of many of the matters referred to Chambers, as well as the exigencies of working across different time zones.
The clerking team will be able to assist you with many diverse matters such as:
- Recommendations of barristers based on availability and suitability for the work in question
- Fee negotiations, estimates and fee structures
- Diary management of our barristers
- The fixing and listing of cases in the courts
- The administration of contractual terms
- Arranging client training, including seminars and presentations on topical legal issues
Fountain Court believes it is important to invest in our clerking team. Our clerks participate in both internal and external training programmes to ensure that they understand developments affecting the legal profession and commerce more generally. They are also members of relevant professional associations such as the IBC, LPMA and CIM, as well as more specific work groups including BASL, RCAN, BRLA and YPLG.
Quotes from directories
"A very strong set in terms of how they deal with relationships. They are very geared up and effective when it comes to client handling. "Chambers UK 2018
"The clerks are efficient and have a modern outlook. They seem very attuned to the market and in touch with where it is heading. They can always offer somebody top-drawer." "The clerking is delightful. They are really good to work with and very accommodating."Chambers UK 2018
“The clerks take a commercial view, are very accommodating and totally get the markets.” “They're very responsive at any time of day, and good at finding time for you.”Chambers UK 2018
"The clerks are helpful and accommodating." "They are very responsive; you can always get hold of somebody, they always return calls and they understand what the solicitor needs."Chambers UK 2018
"The clerks are very responsive at any time of day, and good at finding time for clients." "The clerking is done to a high standard and the clerks are very helpful when you need advice urgently."Chambers UK 2018