- Alex TaylorSenior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Paul MartenstynDeputy Senior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie SzewczykTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Sian HuckettTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard EvansTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Reiss NottTeam Leader+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- George BoggisTeam Leader's Assistant+ 44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Luke DiebeliusTeam Leader's Assistant+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley HallTeam Leader’s Assistant+ 44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- George HackTeam Leader's Assistant+ 44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alfie HarperTeam Leader's Assistant+ 44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Jake HubbardTeam Leader's Assistant+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam IsmailJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Hannah MorphewJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maisie TaylorJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
- Jordan GlendonJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prinul PatelJunior Clerk+44 (0)20 7842 email@example.com
The Fountain Court Clerks’ Room is recognised as one of the finest and most responsive at the Bar. Our experienced clerking team is led by our distinguished Senior Clerk, Alex Taylor, assisted by his Deputy Senior Clerk, Paul Martenstyn, and Team Leaders Katie Szewczyk, Sian Huckett, Richard Evans and Reiss Nott. They are each responsible for a specific team of barristers and are each supported by Team Leader Assistants.
The team system is designed to ensure that each of the clerks has a good knowledge of the practices of the barristers they clerk. The system helps to foster strong working relationships between each of the clerking teams and their respective barristers and clients.
Clients of Fountain Court can always be confident of receiving the highest standards of care. Our clerks are very approachable and aim at all times to deliver a highly efficient service. We have consistently been singled out for our client care by the legal press and directories year on year and are proud of the fact that we have won the Chambers & Partners Client Service Set of the Year award. This year we were winners of the Halsbury Legal Award for the Best Business Development Team. Many of the testimonials from our clients (a selection of which appear on our home page, under Alex Taylor’s profile and below) speak to the stellar reputation of our Clerks’ Room.
We are widely recognised for our responsiveness: this is exemplified by the ability to contact at least one of our senior clerks outside our usual business hours (see the contact tab for details). We appreciate the urgency of many of the matters referred to Chambers, as well as the exigencies of working across different time zones.
The clerking team will be able to assist you with many diverse matters such as:
- Recommendations of barristers based on availability and suitability for the work in question
- Fee negotiations, estimates and fee structures
- Diary management of our barristers
- The fixing and listing of cases in the courts
- The administration of contractual terms
- Arranging client training, including seminars and presentations on topical legal issues
Fountain Court believes it is important to invest in our clerking team. Our clerks participate in both internal and external training programmes to ensure that they understand developments affecting the legal profession and commerce more generally. They are also members of relevant professional associations such as the IBC, LPMA and CIM, as well as more specific work groups including BASL, RCAN, BRLA and YPLG.
Quotes from directories
The clerks are very flexible and practical in their approach.Chambers UK 2014
We consider the clerking to be of the highest calibre and would specifically recommend Alex Taylor and Paul Martenstyn in this regard.Chambers UK 2014
"Everyone, from the clerks to the receptionists, to the most senior members, is extremely approachable and friendly."Legal 500 2014
Senior clerk Alex Taylor is "a banjo-thumping superstar"and "an example to all".Legal 500 2014
The clerks have a very commercial understanding of our concerns and are incredibly welcoming.Chambers UK 2014
I have been extremely impressed with the clerks with whom I have liaised on a day-to-day basis. I find their willingness to be flexible with fees and agree to caps helpful.Chambers UK 2014
"They offer good client service, and the clerks are very responsive. Alex Taylor, the director of clerking, is full of ideas and thoroughly modern in his approach."Chambers UK 2014