Anthony Boswood QC Arbitrator
Educated St Paul’s School and University of Oxford (BCL MA)
Anthony Boswood QC practised at the Commercial Bar in London as a member of Fountain Court Chambers from 1970 to 2013, becoming Queen’s Counsel in 1986. Anthony worked chiefly in the fields of insurance and reinsurance; banking; financial services and arbitration.
Anthony retired from practise as an advocate at the end of 2013, in order to concentrate on his increasing volume of work as an international arbitrator, and to pursue other interests.
Anthony is the Deputy Chairman of the Board of Appeal of the British Horseracing Authority and also studying for an external degree in Divinity at London University.
Current or very recent arbitrations include disputes concerning:
- Alleged breaches of a claims cooperation clause in a quota share reinsurance treaty: Bermuda form
- The extent of participating interests in various onshore exploration, and development blocks in Iraq: ICC English law and forum
- Alleged breach of obligations under a contract for the abstraction of water from canals for the purposes of operating a power plant: English law and forum
- Alleged breaches of farmout agreements and production sharing agreements concerning various offshore blocks in Indian waters: LCIA English law and forum
- A contract for the external and internal cleaning of Government offices throughout the United Kingdom: LCIA
- The measurement of quality of crude oil carried in a comingled stream through the Caspian – Black Sea pipeline: English law and forum
Recent engagements include disputes about:
- Production sharing and farm-in contracts in respect of oil exploration and production in Kenya: ICC Kenyan law; London forum
- Contracts for property development and building in Dubai: ICC. English law and forum
- A contract for the design, installation and management of a new integrated transport system for the city of Maputo: ICC. Mozambique law. Paris forum
- A long term coal supply agreement for a German power station: LCIA. English law
- A licence agreement for the development and exploitation of a patented wood-processing product in the Far East. Ad hoc. UNCITRAL rules. Singapore law
- Storage of oil products in Durres, Albania: LCIA. English law
- Claims under a Columbian Bankers Blanket Bond cover: ICC. Columbian and English law. London forum